The sun is out again after 8 days of solid rain, this country really needs to strike some sort of happy medium.
Pretty proud of my broad beans, I always seem to ok with them. Sowed in modules in March, planted out end of April, 8" apart in double rows 24" apart. These are probably 4ft high now and riddled with flowers...
 |
| Imperial Longpod |
... the bees are going to town on em!
 |
| Bumble bee working my Broad Beans |
My Squash/ pumpkin patch is planted up and ready to go... I always put them at the front of the plot where there's 'usually' been manure stored over the winter. The soil is amazing here...
There's Butternut 'Avalon' and something else (I lost the packet so cant tell u what) I know there's a Crown Prince in there somewhere. Planted a few spare Ailsa Craig's around one edge to see how they do outside, never had any luck with tomato's out of the greenhouse before, lets see...
 |
| Squash Patch |
Made a couple of new beds with these stacking crate's I got off my Dad... Leeks are in and looking pretty 'perky'! Made holes with old fork handle, 5" apart, dropped seedlings in and filled holes with water; always works well...
 |
Leeks 'Musselburgh'
|
I missed last seasons garlic, by forgetting to plant it in time... I planted these in November. Lautrec Wight and Albeigensian. As usual I've forgotten which is which. I think Lautrec is purple skinned?I've not really done anything to these aside from scatter a little chicken pellets in there every now and again... Made up with how they look atm, nothing like a good crop of garlic. Just have to try and hold off pulling them out too early...
 |
| Garlic breath |
Finished the day with a solo barb'y and a sunburnt neck!
 |
| Perfect... |
No comments:
Post a Comment